Kirlin In Our Communities
Kirlin Lives Its Mission:
To protect, enhance and improve people’s lives.
Our work doesn’t stop with our projects, negotiations or corporate meetings. We strongly believe in giving back – giving back to our communities, making a positive impact within charitable organizations and giving purpose to our passions.
Kirlin not only supports our team members who willingly and passionately give their time and expertise to various groups, but also encourages them. We understand our good fortune to work for, and with, experts and professionals. We thrive on our opportunities to help others.
Kirlin’s own scholarship program is specifically aimed toward the spouses and children of our employees. Information on the Wayne T. Day College Scholarship Program is provided below.
Kirlin is also involved in many other endeavors. We are always willing to take on others. Do you see your passion listed? If so, maybe you are meant to join Kirlin. And if your passion is not listed, when you come on board, let’s discuss it!
- Crohn’s & Colitis Walk, which is organized by the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America.
- Family of a 9/11 Fallen Firefighter Fund, one of numerous local charities.
- Habitat for Humanity, helping to re-build houses damaged by hurricanes and floods.
- Hillsborough Foster Parents Association to provide training, services, support and assistance to foster children and their foster families.
- Lee Cancer Care Center, offering a wide range of support programs for patients and their families.
- Majic Children’s Fund, providing support to children in various communities.
- MCEA’s Heat’s On/Water’s Off Program, ensuring the safety and proper working condition of residential plumbing and HVAC systems in disadvantaged neighborhoods.
- Skills USA, working with high school students, teachers and other industry professionals to help develop the skills needed for a job in the construction industry.
- Stepping Stones Shelter, providing transitional housing for families.
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, an annual event for us – our offices and field sites are largely PINK!
- Tee It Up Fore Sight, supporting the Foundation for Fighting Blindness in its mission to combat macular degeneration.
- Women in Distress of Broward County, a full service and nationally accredited, domestic violence center
The Wayne T. Day College Scholarship Program
Kirlin also supports our employees by extending to their spouses and children an opportunity to apply for a scholarship to help defray the high cost of a college education. Founded by Wayne Day and Michael Mack, the program has awarded more than 300 scholarships to over 200 participants. Wayne T. Day College Scholarship recipients have entered many different professions and are making a difference in their communities. We are proud of their successes and look forward to helping many more deserving members of the Kirlin family pursue higher education.
“We would like to send a special thanks to Kirlin for starting the scholarship program. It was our daughter’s dream to become a doctor. We, the proud parents, would like to inform you that after eight years of hard work, and thoughtful people like you, her dream has become a reality.”
“Thank you so much for offering the Wayne T. Day Scholarship to your employees and their families. I am thrilled to report that I graduated from CSM with honors as well as received the ‘achievement in nursing’ award. I feel blessed that my husband works for such a wonderful company. Honestly, ‘thank you’ doesn’t even come close to expressing my gratitude!”